Who we are
“What does the Lord require of you? To act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 8:6
God’s People for God’s World
We are part of the Church of Ireland, the Anglican Church, serving the areas of Ballycastle and Ballyvoy. We believe that the Christian faith is for all people, regardless of age, background, or ability. We believe that the church is first and foremost a community with a common aim to worship the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to serve God and one another.
Our aims are
Holy Trinity Services
11.30am Morning Prayer 1st, 2nd & 5th Sunday
11.30am Holy Communion 3rd Sunday
11.30 All Age Worship 4th Sunday
Culfeightrin Parish Services
9.30am Holy Communion 1st Sunday
9.30am Morning Prayer 3rd & 5th Sunday
St James' Services
9.30am Holy Communion 2nd and 4th Sunday
11.30am Morning Prayer 5th Sunday
It is thought that St Patrick founded the parish in 450 AD. Although there were several churches that were built and rebuilt since then, the current church building on Church Road, Ballycastle, St James', was built in 1849. It was built in early English style with Gothic windows.
Culfeightrin Parish is grouped with the Parish of Ramoan. The current parish church is found just before the village of Ballyvoy as one travels from Ballycastle to Cushendall. It dates from 1831. Close by can be found the Corrymeela Centre.
The church is situated in the Diamond, Ballycastle. Like the rest of the Diamond area the church is a Grade A listed building. The Church was completed in 1756 being built by Colonel Hugh Boyd. It was built in Graeco-Italian style. It was effectively a chapel of ease for the Boyd family and estate for many years.
It was given to the Church of Ireland in the 1950s.
In 2015 the parish completed the building of a new Parish Centre situated beside Holy Trinity Church in the Diamond, Ballycastle. The modern centre provides a large hall, three smaller meeting rooms and a parish office.
As part of the Parishes Building Program, a major refurbishment of the church took place in 2015/2016. The church is open to the public daily from 9am - dusk.