Key Rules for Returning to Public Worship in Ramoan Parish:
- DO NOT come to church if you have any COVID-19 symptoms including: • high temperature • cough • breathing difficulty • sudden loss of sense of smell or taste • flu-like symptoms.
- Maintain social distancing at all times (stay at least 2m apart from other people).
- Maintain good hand hygiene.
- Please arrive at church in good time and use the hand sanitiser provided at the entrance.
* When arriving at church there is the potential for issues to arise which will make social distancing difficult if everyone arrives for the service at the same time. Parishioners are therefore encouraged to arrive for the service in good time to avoid this occurring. If parishioners observe a number of families arriving at the same time, everyone is asked to maintain their distance and hold back from entering the building until the other parishioners have been escorted into the main building and until you have been invited to enter the entrance by the church wardens. Parishioners’ assistance with this is much appreciated and will support the church wardens in ensuring the safe arrival and seating of parishioners.
- It is recommended that face coverings be worn. Current government advice is that face coverings are recommended for adults in indoor places where it is difficult to maintain social distancing of 2m.
- Please follow the directions of the church wardens and welcoming team, filling up pews from the front of the building to avoid crossing and to help church wardens see which seats are available.
- Members of the same household can share the same pew.
- Some pews will be closed off to maintain 2m social distancing and these pews are not to be used.
- Books, news sheets, etc. will not be handed out in the porch. Words of the service will either be on service sheets which will remain in the pews, or else will be projected onto the screen.
- The collection plate will not be passed around but will be placed near the door for your offerings/envelopes.
- For the time being there will be no congregational singing. We will resume this when we are advised we can do so. Choir members should sit with their own households for now.
- On leaving, please leave behind any leaflets in the pew. Exit pew by pew from the back of church as directed by church wardens, maintaining social distancing. Tissues, disposable masks etc. can be disposed of in the bin provided. Please use the hand sanitiser available.
- A list of those attending will be kept. This is solely for the purposes of contact tracing in the event of a case of COVID-19 and these records will be destroyed after 21 days.